Dr. Eric Avezzano, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Emerson, NJ. Dr. Avezzano completed a residency at George Washington University. He currently practices at Bergen Medical Associates and is affiliated with Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Avezzano is board certified in Gastroenterology.
Bergen Medical Associates
Emerson Office466 Old Hook Rd, Emerson, NJ 07630 (201) 967-8221
Bergen Medical Associates
Emerson Office466 Old Hook Rd Ste 1, Emerson, NJ 07630 (201) 967-8221
- Georgetown University, Fellowship Hospital — 1990
- George Washington University, Residency Hospital — 1988
- George Washington University, Internship Hospital — 1986
- Stony Brook Univ Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, Medical School — 1985
- Tufts University, Undergraduate School — 1981
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Beech Street (Multiplan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Golden Rule
- Health Net
- Health Payors Organization
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Meritain Health
- MVP Health Care
- Nippon Life Benefits
- Oxford Health Plans
- Pacificare Life and Health Insurance Co
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Avezzano?
I have been a patient of Dr. Avezzano for many years. In 2012, I went to Dr. A because of indigestion caused by eating spicy foods during a trip to Mexico. Even though this issue was unrelated to my final diagnosis, Dr. A decided to order an ultrasound as a precaution to make certain my gallbladder was ok. The gallbladder was fine, however the report indicated a suspicious mass on the left kidney, a CT Scan was recommended for further evaluation. The CT report confirmed RCC, which is a cancerous tumor of the kidney. Dr. A advised me to see a Urologist immediately and to have the tumor removed. I underwent a partial nephectomy of the left kidney which turned out to be a "Stage 1"cancerous mass. Dr. A truly saved my life, if he had not ordered the initial testing, the mass would have not be found. Dr. A is a true professional, he is kind and compassionate and spends a lot of time (something we rarely see) answering your questions and concerns. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Avezzano!!
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley Medical Center
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Valley Hospital