Dr. Douglas Murphy, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Murphy's profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Douglas Murphy, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Murphy completed a residency at Emory U Affil Hosp. He currently practices at Emory Clinic Cardiothoracic Sgy and is affiliated with Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Murphy is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- Emory U Affil Hosp, Residency Hospital — 1983
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1976
- University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine, Medical School — 1975
- Middlebury College, Undergraduate School
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Murphy?
I have unfortunately been in the hospital numerous times. Dr. Murphy (and his Fellows and PAs) are definitely top two or three doctors I've ever had. Dr. Murphy repaired my mitral valve prolapse robotically. They did such a phenomenal job! Would I recommend him? I would recommend him and his staff a billion times out of a billion times.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Murphy accepts your insurance.
Dr. Murphy frequently treats Mitral Valve Disease, Congenital Heart Defects, and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO).
Dr. Murphy's office is located at 5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 200, Atlanta, GA 30342. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Murphy has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital
Emory Clinic Cardiothoracic Sgy
Emory Clinic Cardiothoracic Sgy5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 200, Atlanta, GA 30342 (404) 778-7200