Click here to compare with other Oncology Specialists.
Dr. Douglas Merkel, MD is a oncology specialist in Glenview, IL. Dr. Merkel completed a residency at Northwestern Memorial Hospital Medical School. He currently practices at Northshore Cancer Immediate Care and is affiliated with Evanston Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Merkel is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital Medical School, Residency Hospital
- University Tex Health Science Center, Fellowship Hospital — 1988
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1982
- Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine, Medical School — 1981
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Northshore Cancer Immediate Care2180 Pfingsten Rd Ste 1000, Glenview, IL 60026 Existing Patients: (847) 503-1000
NorthShore Medical Group
Northshore University Health System2650 Ridge Ave, Evanston, IL 60201 Existing Patients: (847) 570-2112
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Merkel?
Dr. Merkel treated my cancer over almost 30 years ago. Since that time I have seen both of our children graduate from high school and college, I’ve danced at my daughter’s wedding and experienced the joy of holding two grandchildren in my arms. Dr. Merkel is highly intelligent, experienced, trustworthy and exudes kindness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Merkel frequently treats Breast Neoplasms.
Dr. Merkel's office is located at 2180 Pfingsten Rd Ste 1000, Glenview, IL 60026. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Merkel has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Evanston Hospital
- Glenbrook Hospital
- Highland Park Hospital
- Skokie Hospital