Dr. Wender has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Donald Wender, MD is a hematology & oncology specialist in Sioux City, IA. Dr. Wender completed a residency at University Health Center of Pittsburgh. He currently practices at June E Nylen Cancer Center and is affiliated with Buena Vista Regional Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Wender is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- University Health Center of Pittsburgh, Residency Hospital
- University Of Pittsburgh Med Center, Residency Hospital
- University Of Pittsburgh, Fellowship Hospital — 1986
- University Of Pittsburgh, Internship Hospital — 1984
- American Republic
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Assurant Health
- Bankers Life and Casualty
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Iowa
- Coventry Health Care of Nebraska
- DakotaCare Administrative Services, Inc (DAS)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Indian Health Service
- Medicaid of Iowa
- Medicaid of Nebraska
- Medicaid of South Dakota
- Mutual of Omaha
- Sanford Health Plan
- United American Insurance Company
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Wender?
Read not good reviews and considered rescheduling with another Dr. Glad i didn't, Dr. Wender is very knowledgeable and to the point. He took the time to answer all my questions and volunteered information. Dr. Wender is a cut & dry Dr. He does not candy coat. My preference for a Dr., i want the truth and the facts. Dr. Wender does this, i left his office knowing what i need to know and what the plan is. Highly recomend him and greatly appriciate his cut & dry manner!
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Donald Wender, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Wender's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Wender accepts your insurance.
Dr. Wender frequently treats Purpura, Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP), and Secondary Malignancies.
Dr. Wender's office is located at 230 Nebraska St, Sioux City, IA 51101. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Buena Vista Regional Medical Center
- Burgess Health Center
- Cherokee Regional Medical Center
- Floyd Valley Healthcare
- Mercyone Siouxland Medical Center
- Orange City Area Health System
- UnityPoint Health– St. Luke's Regional Medical Center