Dr. David Shapiro, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Shapiro's profile to make an appointment.
Dr. David Shapiro, MD is a critical care surgery specialist in Hartford, CT. Dr. Shapiro completed a residency at University of Connecticut. He currently practices at Saint Francis Medical Group and is affiliated with Saint Francis Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Shapiro is board certified in Critical Care Surgery.
- Oregon Health Sciences University, Fellowship Hospital — 2008
- University of Connecticut, Residency Hospital — 2007
- University of Connecticut, Internship Hospital — 2002
- Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Medical School — 2002
- Boston College, Undergraduate School — 1995
- American Hospital Association Patient Safety Fellowship, Other Education
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Oxford Health Plans
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Saint Francis Medical Group
Saint Francis Medical Group1000 Asylum Ave, Hartford, CT 06105 Existing Patients: (860) 714-5237
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Shapiro?
Outstanding. Unclear on the review that said "afraid to do certain procedures" but i had a complicated surgery with Dr. shapiro and i did great. His nurses were kind, and friendly. He updated my family every day, and was clearly capable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Shapiro accepts your insurance.
Dr. Shapiro frequently treats Traumatic Brain Injury, Wound Repair, and Inguinal Hernia.
Dr. Shapiro's office is located at 1000 Asylum Ave, Hartford, CT 06105. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Shapiro has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Saint Francis Hospital