Call (212) 582-3422 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. David Helfet, MD
Dr. David Helfet, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in New York, NY. Dr. Helfet completed a residency at Edendale Hosp. He currently practices at David Leonard Helfet MB ChB and is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Helfet is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
German, Italian, Spanish
- UCLA, Fellowship Hospital — 1982
- University of California At Los Angeles, Fellowship Hospital — 1982
- U Bern, Fellowship Hospital — 1981
- University Bern, Fellowship Hospital — 1981
- Edendale Hosp, Residency Hospital — 1981
- Johns Hopkins University, Residency Hospital — 1981
- Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine, Residency Hospital — 1981
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1981
- Edendale Hosp, Internship Hospital — 1976
- University Of Cape Town, Faculty Of Health Sciences, Medical School — 1975
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- POMCO Group
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Helfet?
Dr. Helfet is the most skilled, caring and ethical practitioner I have ever met. I will always remember and be grateful to him and his wonderful team for treating my badly broken arm a few years ago. The surgery went perfectly . I had no idea that such a celebrated NYC surgeon could also be the the kindest most modest and caring man in NYC. Thank You Dr, Helfet!
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Hospital For Special Surgery
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Helfet has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. David Helfet, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Helfet's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Helfet accepts your insurance.
Dr. Helfet frequently treats Pelvic Fracture, Tibia and Fibula Fractures, and Humerus Fracture.
Dr. Helfet's office is located at 525 E 71st St, New York, NY 10021. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Helfet speaks Spanish, German, and Italian. View profile to see all.