Click here to compare with other Ophthalmology Specialists.
Dr. David Coats, MD is a ophthalmology specialist in Houston, TX. Dr. Coats completed a residency at Medical University of South Carolina Medical Ctr. He currently practices at Baylor Plastic Surgery and is affiliated with Texas Children's Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Coats is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- Medical University of South Carolina Medical Ctr, Residency Hospital
- Ind U, Fellowship Hospital — 1994
- Texas Tech University School of Medicine, Medical School — 1987
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Coats?
I am 66, female, in extremely good health. But for the past 10 years I have suffered with double vision. I had to wear the most cumbersome glasses with prism to remove the double vision. I couldn't focus on a face across the dinner table unless I had my glasses on. Dr. David Coats had the experience and ability to perform two muscle surgeries, with no pain or consequence and gave the best gift of my life! I have now 20/20 vision! All images are in the same place! Thank God for Dr. Coats!
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Coats has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Coats frequently treats Hypotropia, Hypertropia, and Diplopia.
Dr. Coats' office is located at 6701 Fannin St Ste 610.25, Houston, TX 77030. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Coats speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Texas Children's Hospital