Dr. David Vittetoe, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Vittetoe completed a residency at Summa Health System. He currently practices at Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons and is affiliated with Iowa Methodist Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Vittetoe is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Harvard University School Of Medicine, Fellowship Hospital — 2001
- Summa Health System, Residency Hospital — 2000
- Summa Health System, Internship Hospital — 1996
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Medical School — 1995
- Coe College, Undergraduate School — 1991
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- HAP Insurance
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Vittetoe?
I've had hip replacement on both hips and I wouldn't go to anyone else to have surgery! Dr. Vittetoe sits down and talks to you as if you are his only patient! His kind personality is wonderful but his expertise in orthopedics is beyond the norm! My husband had his knee replaced by a different orthopedist and after 4 months of PT he still had no extension. He made an appointment with that doctor and was told there was nothing more he could do! I suggested he make an appointment with Dr. Vittetoe; after X-rays Dr. Vittetoe said he could make it better, but not 100%. The results were amazing! The 3rd day after being released he was almost back to normal and he only had 2 PT sessions and they released him! It's no wonder Dr. Vittetoe is known as 'the revisionist!'
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center
- Methodist West Hospital
- Story County Medical Center - South Campus
- UnityPoint Health - Des Moines Iowa Lutheran Hospital