Dr. Daniel Swistel, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in New York, NY. Dr. Swistel completed a residency at Albert Einstein Coll Med. He currently practices at Barbara K Lipton MD and is affiliated with NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Swistel is board certified in Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Albert Einstein Coll Med, Residency Hospital — 1986
- St Lukes - Roosevelt Hospital Center at Roosevelt Division, Residency Hospital — 1984
- St Lukes Hosp, Internship Hospital — 1979
- UMDNJ-Rutgers, Medical School — 1979
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Swistel?
Dr. Swistel performed a septal myectomy procedure for my non-obstructive HCM. All the other doctors and cardiologists warned me against this surgery because they wanted me to try their trial medications. However, Dr. Swistel was always honest and on my side. He had a much deeper understanding of my complex disease than anyone else. He explained the whole procedure and why he believes it would be a good solution. After him and I decided to move forward with this operation we set dates with no time to waste. It's been a month since the surgery and I am feeling much better. I am now able to live a normal and stable life again thanks to Dr. Swistel. Also, his entire team at NYU has been very helpful since even before the surgery.
- NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital