Dr. Cissy Pottanat, MD is a geriatric medicine specialist in Falls Church, VA. Dr. Pottanat completed a residency at Howard U. She currently practices at Cissy P Pottanat MD Mph and is affiliated with Virginia Hospital Center. She accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Pottanat is board certified in Family Practice.
Cissy P Pottanat MD Mph7115 Leesburg Pike Ste 211, Falls Church, VA 22043 Existing Patients: (703) 532-1111
- George Washington University, Other Education — 1999
- Geo Washington U, Fellowship Hospital — 1998
- Howard U, Residency Hospital — 1995
- Med Coll Kottayam, Internship Hospital — 1989
- Med Coll Kottayam, Medical School — 1988
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Pottanat?
Excellent! She cared for my mother for a few years and as my mother was a very difficult patient, managed to work with her more than my mother would let most other doctors. She was very understanding, caring and professional, so much so that I see her now myself. I enjoy her sense of humor and personal approach, as well as the fact she only suggests medical tests and medications she feels are really necessary. She was very helpful when we had to get more advanced care for my mother's cancer and knew immediately to refer us to specialists when she saw early changes in my mother's health. A big plus was her ready availability for appointments and flexibility when Mom would be delayed due to health issues trying to leave the house to get there. What also helped was that I was able to speak privately with her on my Mom's behalf, when my Mom would fight relaying medical problems and downplay her symptoms. Anyone with a difficult, aging parent appreciates that!
- Virginia Hospital Center