Click here to schedule an appointment online. New patients can also call (442) 274-0577, and for other questions, call (760) 743-0546.
Dr. Christopher Gilbert, MD
New Patient(858) 429-6462
Dr. Christopher Gilbert, MD is a cardiology specialist in Escondido, CA. Dr. Gilbert completed a residency at Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine. He currently practices at Arch Health Medical Group and is affiliated with Palomar Medical Center Poway. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Gilbert is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Fellowship Hospital — 1982
- Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine, Residency Hospital — 1980
- Baltimore City Hospitals Service, Internship Hospital — 1978
- Tulane U, School of Medicine, Medical School — 1977
- American Postal Workers Union Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Beech Street (Multiplan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Choice Care (Humana)
- Coventry Health Care
- Covered California
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Net
- Health Net of California
- HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
- HealthSmart Preferred
- Private HealthCare Systems
- Railroad Medicare
- Sharp Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Gilbert?
If it weren’t for Dr. Gilbert, I wouldn’t know I have myocarditis. At first, doctors weren’t sure what happened to me. They just knew that troponin was mildly high in my blood stream and that some parts of my cardiac wall were stunned. They didn’t know why or what happened. I was referred to Dr. Gilbert by my insurance. He did many tests to make sure the diagnosis was correct and consulted with some of his colleagues. Another cardiologist assumed nothing serious was wrong with me due to my heart pumping at the normal range. Dr. Gilbert said that I was on the low side of that range, which was abnormal for my age. He kept pushing and after a month or two, a MRI showed that I had myocarditis. He got me on medication and I’m slowly recovering. He has, and is continuing to, help me get through a very scary, stressful time. I am very thankful to him.
- Palomar Medical Center Poway
- Palomar Medical Center Downtown Escondido
- Palomar Medical Center Escondido
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Gilbert has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Christopher Gilbert, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Gilbert's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Gilbert accepts your insurance.
Dr. Gilbert frequently treats Heart Palpitations, Hyperlipidemia, and Heart Disease.
Dr. Gilbert's office is located at 1955 Citracado Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92029. Find other locations and directions.