Dr. Christine Handanos, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Handanos' profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Christine Handanos, MD is a internal medicine specialist in Biddeford, ME. Dr. Handanos completed a residency at UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO / MAIN CAMPUS. She currently practices at SMHC Endocrinology Biddeford and is affiliated with Southern Maine Health Care. She accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Handanos is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO / MAIN CAMPUS, Fellowship Hospital — 1994
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO / MAIN CAMPUS, Residency Hospital — 1992
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO / MAIN CAMPUS, Internship Hospital — 1990
- University of Vermont / College of Medicine, Medical School — 1989
- McGill University, Undergraduate School — 1985
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Health Net
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Handanos?
Dr. Handanos was my primary care doc at the VA in Albuquerque, NM. She was the best. I was very sorry to hear she was moving to Maine. She was extremely knowledgeable and thorough and I had some serious health issues (still do). My brother is a doc and my wife is an RN. I would of course run everything past them. Dr. Handanos was always on the money! The VA’s loss has been Maine’s gain. It has been over 14 years and I am still thankful for her care. This is the first and only review I have ever written.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Handanos accepts your insurance.
Dr. Handanos frequently treats Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, and Osteopenia.
Dr. Handanos' office is located at 46 Barra Rd Ste 201, Biddeford, ME 04005. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Handanos has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Southern Maine Health Care
SMHC Endocrinology Biddeford
SMHC Endocrinology Biddeford46 Barra Rd Ste 201, Biddeford, ME 04005 (207) 282-3349