Dr. Bret Ball, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Portland, OR. Dr. Ball completed a residency at Mayo Medical School. He currently practices at Northwest Spine Surgery and is affiliated with Adventist Health Portland. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Ball is board certified in Neurosurgery.
Northwest Spine Surgery
Northwest Spine Surgery10000 SE Main St Ste 360, Portland, OR 97216 Existing Patients: (503) 253-4000
- Swedish Medical Center, Fellowship Hospital — 2013
- Mayo Medical School, Residency Hospital — 2012
- Mayo Medical School, Internship Hospital — 2006
- University of Southern California / Keck School of Medicine, Medical School — 2005
- University of Utah, Undergraduate School — 1997
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Principal Financial Group
- Principal Life
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Ball?
After living with multiple ruptured discs and other spinal complications for almost twenty years, I developed severe leg pain. I was determined never to have fusion, but I was in much more pain than usual; it was miserable, constantly. Dr. Ball was recommended by my GP, so I went to discuss options. He was patient, thorough and sympathetic. He recommended a laminectomy and discectomy. I did some research; evaluated the risks, and scheduled the surgery. The kind and helpful staff facilitated my having the procedure within 3 days. It went smoothly, and the excruciating pain in my leg was gone within hours. Recovery was SO much easier than I anticipated. Dr. Ball advised that I limit lifting and twisting, wear my back brace, and that I do a lot of walking. I have no reservations about recommending him if you are having nerve pain that is impairing your quality of life. I just wish I hadn't waited six months before seeking his help.
- Adventist Health Portland
- Providence Portland Medical Center