Dr. Newsome has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Barrett Newsome, DO is a oncology specialist in Northampton, MA. Dr. Newsome completed a residency at Baystate Medical Center/Tufts University School Of Medicine. He currently practices at Cooley Dickinson Medical Group Rheumatology and is affiliated with Cooley Dickinson Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Darmouth Hitchcock Mc, Fellowship Hospital — 2007
- Baystate Medical Center/Tufts University School Of Medicine, Residency Hospital — 2005
- Baystate Med Ctr/Tufts U Sch Med, Internship Hospital — 2003
- Univ Of New England Collof Osteo Med, Medical School — 2002
- Northeastern University, Undergraduate School — 1996
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Fallon Community Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Northeast Health Direct
- Private HealthCare Systems
- Tufts Health Plan
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Cooley Dickinson Medical Group Rheumatology
Cooley Dickinson Medical Group Rheumatology30 Locust St, Northampton, MA 01060 Existing Patients: (413) 582-2900
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Newsome?
I have found Dr. Newsome to be as candid as one can be given the uncertain nature of cancer. I have also found him to be quite open to discussing therapies that are apart from the standard MGH protocols. He listens, he cares, and tries to give a reasonable explanation to every question I have raised. Additionally, he seems quite willing to give as much time to each visit as the patient needs. For many of us, cancer is a terminal disease because of the nature of the cancer or the circumstances of when it was initially diagnosed. He seems quite aware of this and demonstrates empathy and concern for the patient's feelings. I don't know what more a patient can expect from a doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital