Dr. Assad Hassoun, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Hassoun's profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Assad Hassoun, MD is a transplant surgery specialist in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Hassoun completed a residency at Brookdale Hospital Medical Center. He currently practices at CPMC Van Ness Campus and is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center - Van Ness Campus. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Hassoun is board certified in General Surgery.
- University Of Minnesota Hosp & Clinic, Fellowship Hospital
- Brookdale Hospital Medical Center, Residency Hospital
- Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 1992
- Uc-Davis, Other Education — 1992
- Emergency Medicine, Qazween Iran, Bo Ali Seena Hospital, Other Education — 1989
- University Of Mosul, Faculty Of Medicine, Medical School — 1986
- 1992, Post Graduate Research, Other Education
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California
- Brown & Toland Physicians
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Chinese Community Health Plan (CCHP)
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Community Health Choice
- Coventry Health Care
- Delta Health System
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Net
- HealthPlus Amerigroup
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Husky Health
- INTotal Health
- Midwest Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Peach State Health Plan
- Premera Blue Cross
- Simply Healthcare Plans
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Wellcare of Georgia
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
CPMC Van Ness Campus
CPMC Van Ness Campus1100 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94109 Existing Patients: (415) 600-6400
CPMC Van Ness Campus
CPMC Van Ness Campus1100 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94109 Existing Patients: (415) 600-6000
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Hassoun?
Amazing surgeon and kind and caring man. He and Dr. Osorio saved my son's life. I'm so grateful we had access to his incredible skill and care.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Hassoun accepts your insurance.
Dr. Hassoun frequently treats Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy), Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Open, and Pancreatic Cancer.
Dr. Hassoun's office is located at 1100 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94109. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Hassoun speaks Persian, Arabic, and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. Hassoun has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- California Pacific Medical Center - Van Ness Campus