Find contact information here to make an appointment.
Dr. Alexander Alvarez, MD is a allergy & immunology specialist in Richmond, VA. He currently practices at VCU MEDICAL CENTER and is affiliated with Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Alvarez is board certified in Allergy & Immunology.
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Fellowship Hospital — 2015
- University of Arizona Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 2011
- U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas, Medical School — 2010
- Accountable Health Plans of America
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health
- FirstCare Health Plans
- Galaxy Health Network
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Payors Organization
- HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Principal Life
- The Great-West Life Assurance Company
- USA Managed Care Organization
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Alvarez?
Wonderful doctor who has helped me feel more confident in managing my allergies and eosinophilic esophagitis. Would absolutely recommend for any patient.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to compare with other Allergy & Immunology Specialists.
A list of accepted insurance providers is available on the Healthgrades insurance check. It is always a good idea to verify your insurance when making an appointment.
Dr. Alvarez frequently treats the following conditions: Pollen Allergy, Allergic Conjunctivitis, and Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis). See more on Sharecare.
Dr. Alvarez's office is located at 1250 E Marshall St, Richmond, VA 23298. You can find other locations and directions on Sharecare.
Dr. Alvarez provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.
Dr. Alexander Alvarez, MD is affiliated with Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin.
Yes, Dr. Alexander Alvarez, MD holds board certifications in Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine.
Dr. Alvarez has over 12 years of healthcare experience.
There is a star rating of 5/5 for Dr. Alexander Alvarez, MD. Patients say that they trusted the provider's decisions and the provider explained conditions well. See all patient feedback on Sharecare.
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin
Vcu Medical Center
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System1250 E Marshall St, Richmond, VA 23298 (804) 828-5883
Allergy & Asthma Consultants, Austin, TX
Allergy & Asthma Consultants, Austin, TX720 W 34th St Ste 200, Austin, TX 78705 (512) 454-5821