Dr. Alex Gitelman, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Stamford, CT. Dr. Gitelman completed a residency at Stony Brook Medical Center--Orthopaedic Surgery. and is affiliated with Greenwich Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Gitelman is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- 1 1281 E Main St, Stamford, CT 06902 Existing Patients: (203) 210-2830
- UCLA Medical Center--Spine Surgery Fellowship, Fellowship Hospital
- Stony Brook Medical Center--Orthopaedic Surgery, Residency Hospital
- Suny Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine, Medical School
- Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Locals (any local)
- Oxford Health Plans
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Gitelman?
The first thing that comes to mind when writing a review for Dr. Alex Gitelman, MD, is his care and concerns for his patients. I was recommended to Dr. Gitelman by his colleague Dr. Stephen G. Andrus, from the pain management; back and spine center at the Westmed Medical Group. After many years of being in pain, going to physical therapy and receiving spinal injections, I made a decision to undergo S/P: Lumbar Fusion and Laminectomy surgery. I then sat down with Dr. Gitelman to discuss the procedure and ask him several questions. When viewing an X-ray of my spine, he pointed out and explained to me what repairs would be needed. We talked about expected recovery time and how long of a hospital stay it would be. On December 20, 2019, I was admitted to Greenwich Hospital to where Dr. Gitelman and his surgical team were ready to prep me for surgery. I went into the OR feeling confident and knew I was in good hands. While recovering at home Dr. Gitelman prescribed a Bone Growth Sti
- Greenwich Hospital
- Stamford Hospital