Dr. Akiko Shimamura, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Shimamura's profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Akiko Shimamura, MD is a pediatric hematology-oncology specialist in Boston, MA. Dr. Shimamura completed a residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. She currently practices at Boston Children's Hospital and is affiliated with Boston Children's Hospital. She accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Dana Farber Canc Inst & Chldns Hosp, Fellowship Hospital — 1997
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1994
- University Of Rochester, Medical School — 1991
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Boston Children's Hospital300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115 Existing Patients: (617) 919-6109
Be the first to leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Shimamura?
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Shimamura accepts your insurance.
Dr. Shimamura frequently treats Anemia Treatment, Aplastic Anemia, and Bone Marrow Disorders.
Dr. Shimamura's office is located at 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Shimamura has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Boston Children's Hospital
- Dana - Farber Cancer Institute