The body is our vessel with which we physically experience the world around us. The better the body, the better the experience. Think about that for a moment. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to watch my children live. I want to live along side them. I don’t want to go on vacation and sit around at the resort. I want to adventure. I don’t want to hide behind a layer of fat and baggy clothes. I want to shine.
How does the ideal you look? How does he or she move, talk, act, dress, and live? Now the important question – how different are you from this ideal? And what needs to change if this divide is to be bridged?
You move closer to or further from this ideal based on the decisions you make today, this hour, and even this minute. That’s a lot of power at your fingertips, assuming you choose to use it. Time’s such a finite capacity – life so short – that each day wasted without improvement comes at unfathomable costs. Rarely do we stop and think about time in these terms though. There’s always tomorrow, right?
Depending on the source, the average life expectancy for humans living in the United States is 78 years. That’s 936 months, 4,056 weeks, and 28,470 days. Think about how quickly one day passes by. We all know how tomorrows become yesterdays in the blink of an eye.
Where were you 5 years ago? Were you happy then? If you weren’t, how much have you changed since then?
My name’s Steve Troutman and I have been a fitness consultant and personal trainer for 10 years. You can read all about me and what I do at www.body-improvements.com. I don’t claim to know secrets about fat loss. I don’t push products down people’s throats. And I sure as heck don’t view you as a paycheck.
The goals of my clients become my own. My mission is to help my clients reach their goals using the road that travels the shortest distance with the least amount of bumps. You “gotta wanna” though. I can’t do it for you. Just as a guide can merely lead mountaineers up a mountain, you still need to do the climbing.
If you’re ready to commit to serious change, send me an email. I’d love to hear about your situation and figure out if we are a fit to work together.
How I stand apart?
1. I don’t B.S. my clients. My guidance is evidence-based. I put a premium on science and use methods that have stood against the rigors of peer-reviewed research. Many other trainers pull their information from poor sources, if any at all.
2. I own my own facility here in Pottstown, PA. A lot of these “Internet trainers” don’t have experience working with people in-person. I’m not sure how they expect to reach people from a distance if they’ve no experience reaching them face to face.
3. Along with training a wide array of people and athletes in-person, I’ve also been performing web-based training for 5 years.
4. Having my own gym allows me to do personalized video instruction on the fly. I’ve had clients who couldn’t perform squats, for example, as demonstrated in a basic instructional exercise video. I fire up the video camera and show them exactly how to work around and improve their limitations. This can even be done live using things like Skype. I’ve even done live lectures using the white board in my gym to explain various confusions my clients have had.
5. My mission isn’t to “keep you coming back for more.” Rather, it’s to provide you the immediate guidance necessary for real change to take place now. On top of this, it’s to educate you so that your successes of today stick for a lifetime.
6. Lastly, I’m innovative on the motivation end of things. I’m well versed in cognitive behavioral therapy, rational emotive therapy and a few other disciplines that many of my clients find useful. Perception is everything and if you’re not cultivating the right mindset when you’re changing your body, chances are slim that the changes will be permanent.
My philosophy is very simple. Build meaningful relationships and trust with my clients by following my mission.
My mission is even simpler. Give you the guidance you deserve and the results that you need to truly change your life.
Sharecare has done a great drop of building out an information and network portal. I've taken it one step further by building out a community where you can log your journey step by step and interact with like minded folks on an forum. It's free, it's useful, and it's fun. We'd love to see you there. You can find it here.