What are some ways to deal with anxiety?Some ways to deal with anxiety: Distract yourself from it by getting into your work or focusing on the conversation you are presently having. Exercise and focus on something other than your anxiety or focus on the reasons for the worry. Exercise will allow you to face emotional pain in a way that... Full Post
How can I prevent my stress from harming my child?First of all, we live in very stressful times, so it is impossible to prevent your stress from having an impact on your child. You can do your best to minimize the effect that your anguish has on your kids. This can be done by: 1. Not sharing personal or work issues that may make your child feel... Full Post
What are the warning signs of suicide?
The warning signs of suicide are:
- Disinterest in favorite extracurricular activities
- Problems at work and losing interest in a job
- Substance abuse, including alcohol and drug (illegal and legal drugs) use
- Behavioral problems
- Withdrawing from family and friends
- Sleep changes
- Changes in eating
How do I begin the healing process?The first step is to come to terms and accept that you have an emotional pain and/or trauma that you cannot seem to work through. This step comes along with the understanding that you are not weak or less than because you have what seems like an insurmountable problem. The issues you may be... Full Post
How can I tell if my teenager is experiencing depression?
- Extreme personality changes
- Loss of interest in activities that used to be enjoyable
- Significant loss or gain in appetite
- Difficulty falling asleep or wanting to sleep all day
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of wor
How can emotions cause physical pain?
How can I deal with my emotional pain at a time of grief?
- Recognize that you are in a state of grief and don't beat up on yourself because you are mourning.
- Feel free to ask yourself emotional pain questions such as "Why am I having such a difficult time after I lost my mother to cancer?" Let the
What is Parent to Parent ADHD Training?
Question: How can I parent fearlessly?
- Do not watch the cable television ongoing presentation of missing children. Their 24/7 coverage of this issue makes it seem like strangers kidnapping children is wide spread when in reality; there is a better chance of your child being hit by lightning.
How does divorce affect a child's development?
The effects of divorce on children's development are:
- They often feel that the termination of the marriage was their fault.
- They come to believe it is their job to mediate their parent's arguments.
- They often feel that they are in the middle of their parent's conflict.
- They are sometimes used