Zesty Egg Omelet
“I love this dish because it fills me up for the morning, gives me protein that I need to help maintain healthy muscles and is so easy to make."
–Mary Ellen Brunaugh
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1 splash of skim milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons organic whole ground flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 spinach leaves, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
Preparation (Makes 1 omelet)
Lightly coat a medium (9” or 10”) sauté pan with olive oil and heat on medium. Meanwhile, scramble eggs in a small bowl, add milk and mix until well blended.
Pour egg mixture into heated pan. As eggs begin to cook, swirl them in the pan to promote an even surface. When eggs are almost set but still partially uncooked, place flaxseed meal, feta cheese, garlic and spinach in center third of egg mixture. Fold one-third of eggs over the added ingredients (in the middle third). Fold the other third of the egg mixture over the first fold and cook until omelet is set. Turn entire omelet over and let cook for a bit. Serve and enjoy.