The Health of the Practice
The 2012 National Physicians Survey (NPS) captured responses from almost 1,200 physicians online and via fax to learn how broader changes in healthcare are impacting their day-to-day practice activities.
In the findings from this second-annual survey, physicians indicated that amid the many changes in their practice environments, technology use is at a tipping point, and its uptake and use in the practice is critical. The survey delivers their perspectives on:
- The impact of EMR and Accountable Care Organizations on their practices
- Day-to-day management of their patients and practices
- Ongoing changes in their practice and how they affect patient care
- How their communication is evolving with both colleagues and patients
- Where healthcare is headed, and who they look to for support