This seasonal favorite gets a nutritional boost from whole wheat flour, oat bran and creamy silken tofu.
Perfect Pumpkin Pie
Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup oat bran
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
1 tablespoon mild olive oil
1/4 cup ice water
25 ounces Lite Silken Extra Firm Tofu, divided
3/4 cup Sucanat
2 cups Pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon pure vanilla
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray pie pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place whole wheat pastry flour, oat bran and salt in food processor and pulse to mix.
- Add tofu and process for a few seconds.
- With motor running, pour rice syrup through feed tube. Next add oil and ice water, processing until dough begins to form a ball.
- Place the pie dough between two sheets of wax paper, dusted lightly with whole-wheat flour.
- Roll into a circle between 1/8" to 1/4" thick. Peel off top sheet of wax paper and lay dough over 9 inch deep pie plate.
- Peel off second sheet of wax paper and gently press into pie plate. Trim and shape around the edges.
- Set aside in refrigerator while preparing filling.
- Blend remaining tofu in a food processor until smooth.
- Add remaining filling ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into unbaked piecrust.
- Bake on center rack of preheated oven for about 1 hour. Filling will be soft, but will firm up as it cools.
- Chill and serve with a dollop of dairy-free whipped topping.
This seasonal favorite gets a nutritional boost from whole wheat
flour, oat bran and creamy silken tofu. Perfect Pumpkin Pie Makes:
8 servings Prep Time: 30 min. Cook Time: 30 min. Ingredients... More