Delicate cream puffs filled with rich mocha pudding make for a decadent dessert that’s low in carbs and ideal for people with diabetes, thanks to the whole wheat flour in the pastry and sugar free chocolate pudding mix in the filling. Mocha Cream Puffs
1/2 cup cold water
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
1 sugar free chocolate pudding mix (4-serving package)
2 cup whole milk
1 tbsp instant coffee (or 2 tsp espresso powder)
1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In small saucepan combine water and butter. Bring to boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Continue to stir until mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg is added, until mixture is shiny and smooth.
- Drop mixture in 8 mounds, 3 inches apart, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Split puffs and remove any soft dough from inside. Cool completely on wire rack.
- In small mixing bowl, prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups milk and instant coffee or espresso powder.
- Cover with plastic wrap; chill thoroughly.
- To serve, spoon about 1/3 cup of filling into bottom half of each cream puff. Top with strawberries. Replace cream puff tops.
Makes 8 servings
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 12.2g
Dietary Fiber 1.4g
Total Fat 6.2g
Saturated Fat 3.4g
Unsaturated Fat 2.8g
Delicate cream puffs filled with rich mocha pudding make for a
decadent dessert that’s low in carbs and ideal for people with
diabetes, thanks to the whole wheat flour in the pastry and sugar
free chocolate pudding mix in the filling.... More