These Cajun Deviled Eggs make a deliciously spicy appetizer that's free of carbs. The simple recipe uses mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and cayenne to make a creamy filling with a bit of a bite.
Cajun Deviled Eggs
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cayenne (red pepper)
1. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
2. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
3. Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl.
4. Set aside egg whites. Mashing with a fork, mix mayonnaise, Dijon-style mustard, salt, and black pepper with the egg yolks.
5. Fill hollowed egg white halves with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper, adjusting the amount to taste.
6. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce, if desired. TIP: Use a pastry bag for a cleaner, more polished presentation.
Makes 12 servings
Amount Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 each
Total Carbs 0.3 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.2 g
Total Fat 4.3 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Unsaturated Fat 3.3 g
Potassium 34.3 mg
Protein 3.2 g
Sodium 154.4 mg
These Cajun Deviled Eggs make a deliciously spicy appetizer that's
free of carbs. The simple recipe uses mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and
cayenne to make a creamy filling with a bit of a bite. Cajun
Deviled Eggs Ingredients 6 eggs 2... More