Ashley Koff answered:Here's an 8-day deep cleanse to help boost your energy:
Helpful? 2 people found this helpfulHere's an 8-day deep cleanse to help boost your energy: Day 1: Get rid of any packaged foods containing high-fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, colors with pound signs (#) by them, and artificial ingredients such as MSG (monosodium glutamate)... More
- Day 1: Get rid of any packaged foods containing high-fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, colors with pound signs (#) by them, and artificial ingredients such as MSG (monosodium glutamate) or autolyzed yeast.
- Day 2: Aim to eat one serving of each of these colors: red, blue, green, purple, and orange.
While citrus fruits and berries are the most plentiful sources of antioxidants, all fruits and vegetables provide good supplies of antioxidants. The deeper and brighter the color of the food, the more densely packed with vitamins it is. Following is a list of all-star antioxidants:
- Blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries
- Pomegranates and acai
- Vitamin A sources: carrots, mangoes
- Vitamin C sources: kiwis, mangoes, papayas, black currants, camu berries
- Vitamin E sources: nuts, seeds, whole grains, dark green leafy vegetables
- Day 3: Eat one to two servings of carbohydrate, protein, and one of healthy fat per eating occasion. Serve up unlimited vegetables. Examples: apple + 1 tablespoon almond butter; palm-sized wild salmon + sautéed garlic spinach + fist-sized portion of rice; bowl of organic berries with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- Day 4: Drink one cup of coffee or tea max for the day. For maximum metabolic and fat-burning advantages, go for green tea and oolong. Go decaf the rest of the day and no beverages with sugar.
- Day 5: Remind yourself how great nonfood gifts can be to give and receive. Book a massage, get a manicure/pedicure, do something with a friend, or indulge in a long night out with your husband.
- Day 6: Swap an animal for a vegetarian source of protein today. Ideas: organic nut better on an apple. A veggie burger. Hemp granola or hempseeds with a bowl of organic berries. Hummus and veggies. A bowl of quinoa with chopped walnuts, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Day 7: Swap high-fat dairy and less healthy animal fats for vegetarian sources (e.g., hemp, flax, olive, avocado, coconut) and wild fish (e.g., sardines, cod, salmon), or choose organic lower fat dairy options including goat and sheep sources. Exchanging organic and antibiotic-free dairy as well as adding fermented foods will decrease antibiotics and increase probiotics.
- Day 8: Spice up your cooking by using cardamom, oregano, thyme, ginger, cinnamon, and fennel seeds.