It is important to look after your child’s safety in as many ways as possible.
• Install gates at top and bottom of stairs.
• Have poison center emergency number on every phone.
• Have a smoke detector installed on each level of your home; check
them once a month to see if they are working. Replace batteries
twice a year.
• Put safety covers on all unused electrical sockets.
• Develop a family escape plan to evacuate your home safely in the
event of a fire or other emergency.
• Child proof all drawers and cabinets in your kitchen and bathroom
when your child becomes toddler-age. It is possible for them to
injure themselves by pulling drawers out on top of themselves.
• Keep the following locked up or in childproofed cupboards:
1. All household cleaning products
2. All prescription or over-the-counter medicines
3. All gardening and auto products
• Use a bathtub mat to prevent slips and falls.
• Turn down the water heater temperature from 160°F to 120°F (160°
water can cause third degree burns in one second; 120° water
allows 2-3 seconds to respond to hot pain).
• Keep children away from space heaters.
• Keep all razors and blades away from children.
• Keep your iron in an out-of-the-way, safe place.
• Keep all plants out of reach of children; some plants are poisonous
when eaten.It is important to look after your child’s safety in as many ways as possible. • Install gates at top and bottom of stairs. • Have poison center emergency number on every phone. • Have... More