Adults (18 years and older):
- For most conditions, 15-60 milliliters of castor oil has been given by mouth.
- For bowel cleansing, a single dose of 30-80 milliliters of castor oil with water has been used.
- To prepare for a colonoscopy, 60 milliliters of castor oil has been taken by mouth the night before the examination, with only water to be consumed afterwards.
- For birth control, castor seeds, weighing 2.3-2.5 grams, have been given as a single oral dose with water after 4-5 days of menstruation.
- To cause childbirth, a single 60-milliliter dose of castor oil has been taken by mouth.
- To reduce inflammation of the eyelash follicles, castor oil has been applied over the eyelashes and eyelids at least 3-4 times daily for one week.
- For conjunctivitis, 1-2 drops of castor oil have been applied to the eyes twice daily for three days.
- For dry eyes, eyedrops containing a mixture of castor oil and water have been used three times daily for 30 days.
- For eye styes, two drops of castor oil have been used in the affected eye 3-4 times daily for two days.
You should read product labels, and discuss all therapies with a qualified healthcare provider. Natural Standard information does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.Adults (18 years and older):For most conditions, 15-60 milliliters of castor oil has been given by mouth.For bowel cleansing, a single dose of 30-80 milliliters of castor oil with water has been used.To prepare for a colonoscopy, 60 milliliters of... More