Here are simple things you can do as a dad to share the love during pregnancy:
- Give her foot rubs. Daily.
- Take a bath together. Grind up dry oats into a fine powder, and sprinkle them into the tub. It can be incredibly soothing and can help decrease any itching she may have. For extra bonus points, light a candle and dim the lights.
- Take a picture of her every 2 weeks to document how her belly has grown. Women we know report that it's an incredibly sensual activity -- and one that you'll both look back on as pretty darn amazing.
- Exercise together. Focusing on each other's body gives you the double benefit -- good for your health and for your relationship.
- Take baby classes with your partner.
- Flirt. Adapt your old-fashioned techniques to your new-fashioned technology. A random short text or e-mail just to say you love her will go a long way.
- Bust your tail around the house. The biggest thing you can do to help ease her anxiety is to take care of the things that you can do. You can't develop milk glands, but you can stock up on diapers, prepare the baby's room, go grocery shopping, cook meals, clean the litter box, or do anything that helps take her stress levels down a notch or two. Better yet: Do them without her having to ask.
Take the RealAge Test!
Here are simple things you can do as a dad to share the love during
pregnancy: Give her foot rubs. Daily. Take a bath together. Grind
up dry oats into a fine powder, and sprinkle them into the tub. It
can be incredibly soothing and can help... More