Debra Fulghum Bruce PhD answered:
Eating the following foods can help reduce pain:
• Black cherries contain antioxidants.
• Blackberries have salicylic acid, which is the same active ingredient in aspirin.
• Broccoli is a powerful antioxidant. It contains vitamin C and calcium.
• Cheese (dairy and soy) contains calcium for stronger bones. Strong bones are important to prevent osteoporosis and fractures.
• Chili peppers are filled with capsaicin, which gives food a spicy kick and fights inflammation. The hotter the food, the more capsaicin, and the greater the benefit.
• Curry, ginger, mustard, and turmeric, which contain curcumin, an anti-inflammatory.
• Green tea (or black tea that contains theaflavins) has strong phytochemicals that help protect the body. They short-circuit the process that leads to inflammation.
• Olive oil forms chemicals in the body that decrease inflammation.
• Omega-3 fatty acids can decrease inflammation. Such fish as salmon, sardines, and tuna are good sources.
• Pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme that helps reduce inflammation.
• Red grapes contain resveratrol, which protects against coronary disease and cancer, and antioxidants.
• Soy milk may decrease pain. It is low in saturated fat, and tofu is an excellent meat substitute.
• Sweet potatoes reduce C-reactive protein, the inflammation-causing cytokine.
• Walnuts contain vitamin B6 for healthy nerve/cell communication.Find out more about this book: Diet for a Pain-Free Life: A Revolutionary Plan to Lose Weight, Stop Pain,...Eating the following foods can help reduce pain: • Black cherries contain antioxidants. • Blackberries have salicylic acid, which is the same active ingredient in aspirin.• Broccoli is a powerful antioxidant. It contains vitamin C... More