To help prevent vaginal yeast infections, you can:
- Avoid douches
- Avoid scented hygiene products like bubble bath, sprays, pads, and tampons
- Change tampons and pads often during your period
- Avoid tight underwear or clothes made of synthetic fibers
- Wear cotton underwear and pantyhose with a cotton crotch
- Change out of wet swimsuits and exercise clothes as soon as you can
- Avoid hot tubs and very hot baths
If you keep getting yeast infections, be sure and talk with your doctor.
This answer is based on source information from the National Women's Health Information Center.