Question

Weight Loss

How can I reduce big thighs?

• AMehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
    Trying to lose fat on your thighs can be very frustrating since the fat on your thighs is not very metabolically active. Those with big thighs, like those with a big behind, do best with a low-fat, high-protein diet to help boost their metabolism.

Fat Buster: Liquid Lunch

Make a protein drink with a secret fat-busting ingredient: white kidney bean extract, shown to help prevent carbs from being broken down into sugars and converted into fat in your thighs.

Liquid Lunch Protein Drink
    Makes 1 serving.

1 cup water
    1 scoop whey protein isolate powder
    1/2 half banana
    1/2 cup frozen blackberries or blueberries
    1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp of white kidney bean extract

Directions: In a blender, process all ingredients until smooth.
    This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
    Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
  • ATroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer, Fitness, answered

There are basically three things that heavily contribute to the size of your legs. The first is simply the size of your skeleton. If you are large boned you will tend to have a large pelvis and large leg bones, ankle bones etc. This should carry throughout your body though and be somewhat consistent. The second is body fat. This can totally be controlled by diet and exercise. If you are carrying too much fat you need to start a smart calorically controlled eating program to allow you to reduce body fat which will significantly impact the size of your legs. The third is the amount of muscle you are carrying. If by chance you spent the bulk of your life in heavy resistance training programs you might be carrying a lot of muscle and this of course can contribute to leg size. There are also some health reasons that your thighs could be larger than what you are comfortable with like a lower body edema. This is a medical concern that you would talk to your doctor about. In most cases though reduction of body fat will solve the problem and this is simply a calorie issue. Eat less lose some weight and see if your leg issues start going away...

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
How can I get rid of extra fat on my upper body?