I have clients pay attention to two things when beginning a weight loss program
- Be Ready... Have Faith... Forgive Yourself!
- The 5 steps to goal setting
Be Ready... Have Faith... Forgive Yourself!!!
I try and get clients to understand that they have to be ready. Being ready is much more than saying you are ready, being ready is setting that decision in your mind and then following through. Having faith just means believing in yourself and the process and finally it is not easy for anyone so you have to be willing to forgive yourself if you are not exactly perfect with the plan.
The 5 steps to goal setting
- You must have a vision - before you can worry about what diet or what training program you must know what you want to accomplish and try to be as clear with your vision as possible
- You must have a strategy - now that you have a vision you can be more clear about the strategy and the strategy will match your vision
- You must believe you can - now that you know where you want to go and the strategy to get you there you have to believe that you can and have faith that the strategy will match your vision.
- You must have persistence - setbacks will happen so you have to be sure to have that fighters mentality and rebound from setbacks
- You must have accountability - having some sort of accountability from a friend, spouse, trainer will help you suceed. If you get to this step you also will learn a tremendous amount and have a greater chance to succeed long term