Question

Weight Loss Strategies

How can I lose weight all over my body?

• AMehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
    Dr. Oz - Lose weight all over your body
    Most people who are overweight or obese need to lose weight all over their body. Watch this video as Rovenia Brock,  Jorge Cruise and I show you some ways to get rid of global fat.

Helpful? 6 people found this helpful.
  • ATroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer, Fitness, answered

Whenever you eat less than you need on a consistent basis you will lose weight all over your body. Your body never spot reduces. What this means is that when you work your stomach you don't lose body fat on your stomach. When you eat less than what you need your body uses fat as an energy source and it pulls this fat from your whole body.

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
  • When we begin a program to reach weight loss goals, we ultimately release weight from all over our body. Sometimes in the process it may not appear that way or feel that way because of the order our "individual" body decides to release the weight. For one person it may be they see results mostly in their arms initially, another their hips, and another maybe it feels nothing is coming off their stomach area initially. We need to be patient and work our program long enough to reach our goals. Focus less on the outcome (what you see physically on the scale or where the weight is coming off or not coming off) and more on the work you are doing to improve your health...putting everything you got into your workouts, planning your nutrition and being sure you are working your plan.

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
  • Now many people that come into my gym want to lose weight.  Some want certain areas gone while others want to transform their body completely.  Simply the body will decide where it will take fat from first and where it will take fat from last.  There is no workout out there that can spot reduce any area.  So guys you can do all the crunches in the world to flatten your tummy and women you can work those thighs until your blue in the face.  If you don't change your lifestyle by proper diet, weight training and cardiovascular training you will never see the results you are looking for.  Remember you didn't put this weight on overnight and you won't get it off overnight.  In the beginning you will see great weight loss but as you get closer to your goal it will get harder and harder.  In the end you will see results all over your body you just have to put in the work to get there.  Once you do it will be easy to keep it off. 
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
  • The most effect method for losing weight is through an overall program that includes aerobic (cardio) training and resistance training, as well as using a healthy calorie-controlled diet.

Some obstacles to losing body weight include poor lifestyle choices such as high-calorie diets, sedentary living, and hormonal imbalances caused by stress and other endocrine disorders.

Genetics dictates where your body burns fat. For example, you may desire to lose weight in your abdomen, but very often, the place you most want to lose it is the last place it burns. This is known as spot reducing.  Similarly, it is very difficult to lose weight all over your body simultaneously.

Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
What are the obstacles to losing weight all over my body?