A Answers (2)
Honor Society of Nursing (STTI) answeredDuring week 34, you should contact your doctor if anything seems off or worries you. Never ignore a decrease in your baby's movements, changes or blood in your vaginal discharge, vision problems, or severe headaches. Also be aware of signs of pre-term labor. If you have any questions about anything you think might be abnormal, contact your doctor. Even if it is nothing serious, it is better to be overly cautious.
At 34 week of pregnancy the woman needs to look for warning signs that may signal a change in the health of the mother or the fetus. These warning signs may include:
- Headaches or spots before the eyes
- Epigastric pain
- Vaginal bleeding or discharge
- The onset of uterine contractions
- Painful or burning on urination
- A warm, hard area or pain in one leg
- Change in amount of fetal activity - either an increase or a decrease.
Anything that seems out of the ordinary or concerns the woman needs to be reported to the health care provider