Question

Walking Groups

How do I find out about walking groups for seniors?

• AJonathan Penney, Fitness, answered on behalf of National Academy of Sports Medicine

Some of the best places to find walking groups may include going to your local senior center. They may have listings for walking groups and additional groups may also be present. Other areas may include your local recreational center or police department. Anything that has community involvement should list walking groups for seniors and more.

• Most communities have senior recreation centers that have a lot of activities including walking clubs/outings.  You can contact your local senior center for information on its programs.  The YMCA is also a good source for information on walking groups for all ages.
How can I introduce my child to walking for fitness?