Local walking events are usually listed on your town website. If you do not have access to a computer then consider looking through local ads in your daily paper or see if your town has a local paper. In addition, go to local police department or recreation department, they should have a listing of everything going on within your community.
A Answers (3)
Kirk Swanson , NASM Elite Trainer, Fitness, answered
Here are a few ways to find walking events in your area.
- Check the Weekender/Lifestyle section of your local paper.
- Google "your city" walking tours.
- Contact your local Parks and Recreation department.
- Visit your favorite charities websites for upcoming events.
- Find a local running club's website.
- Read bulletin boards at local stores, restaurants, churches and schools for events.
- Call your friends.
- Visit your neighbors and create a community daily/weekly walking event of your own. (This is my favorite!)
Tara Finch - NASM Elite Trainer, NASM Elite Trainer, Fitness, answered
Local walking events can be found many ways.
- Your community center (if you have one) usually has a bulletin board with flyers posted with the local events.
- The internet is also a great resource. You can search "walking events in (your town/city)" it will list all of the local events in your area.
- Check your local paper.
- Check with the interested organization's website (i.e., Susan G Komen, Easter Seals, etc.,) they will have a listing of their walks and when and where they will be hosting them.