A vegetarian diet that is well balanced and varied should adequately meet your B vitamin needs. Since vitamin B12 is predominantly found in animal products, if you are following a vegan diet you might need a supplement if you are not getting adequate B12 from fortified cereal, dairy alternative beverages.
- B1 is found in rice, beans, nuts, enriched breads
- B2 is found in dark green leafy vegetables, almonds, avocados
- B3 is found in fortified grain products, peanuts
- B6 is found in bananas, avocados and eggs
- B7 is found in bananas, peanuts, grapefruit
- B9 is found in green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, peanuts
- B12 is found in fortified cereals and dairy alternatives (soymilk, rice milk, etc.)