Question

Vitamins

Should I take my vitamin D with vitamin C?

• AStacy Wiegman, PharmD, Pharmacy, answered
    Vitamin C and vitamin D are found together in many multivitamins, so taking them together should not be a problem for most people. However, if you're at risk for kidney stones, consult your doctor before taking supplements. Vitamin D, vitamin C and calcium all can raise your risks for kidney stones, especially when taken in high amounts. Talk to your doctor about whether you should take vitamin supplements and, if so, which ones are the best for you.
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
  • AdotFIT answered
    Yes, and that’s the best way to take it. The generally recommended supplemental dose of both vitamin C and D should easily be contained in your daily multivitamin and mineral formula (MVM). Therefore make sure your MVM contains at least 250 mg of C, 600-1200 IU of D and take with a meal and you will be all set. Only if a qualified physician instructs you to exceed this amount of C and D would you need to purchase a separate formula because it would be too large to fit into a good MVM. That said, you would still take them together with a meal.
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
Should I take vitamins with an expired date?