Vertigo & Dizziness Treatment

What type of specialist treats vertigo and dizziness?

A Answers (2)

  • Vertigo and dizziness caused by an inner ear condition may require that you see a specialist. Your doctor may recommend that you see an audiologist. An audiologist specializes in treating inner ear disorders, like benign paroxysmal positional vertigo that can cause balance and/or hearing loss. You may also see an ENT doctor. An ENT doctors specialize in treating disorders and diseases of the ears, nose, throat, head, and neck. ENTs are also known as otolaryngologists. If your vertigo and dizziness are linked to conditions with the brain or brain stem, your doctor may recommend a specialist such as a neurologist.

    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
  • ADarshan Shah, MD, Neurology, answered on behalf of NorthShore University HealthSystem
    Internists, neurologists, and ENTs (ear nose and throat doctors) all treat vertigo and dizziness.  The specific specialist you may see is determined by the cause of your symptoms.
Did You See?  Close
Is there a cure for vertigo and dizziness?