Keep Type 2 Diabetes Under ControlTalk to Your Doc
AskMDGet personalized advice for managing type 2 diabetes
1 in 3
Chance that an American has insulin resistance, a precursor to type 2 diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes Q&As
American Diabetes Association
How is diabetes diagnosed?
There are several ways to diagnose diabetes. Each way usually needs to be repeated on a second day to diagnose diabetes. Testing should be carried out in a health care setting (such as your doctor’s office or a lab). If your doctor determines . . .
- Q Why does diabetes cause dry skin?
- Q Can a good diet help control type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are some myths about type 2 diabetes?
- Q Can I reverse the effects of type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are the symptoms of type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are the treatment options for type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are the risk factors for type 2 diabetes?
- Q Can how much I sleep affect my risk for type 2 diabetes?
- Q What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- Q Can type 2 diabetes be prevented?
Type 2 Diabetes Action Plans
Whether you're worried about your prediabetes risk or already have diabetes, here's how to take control of your health.
Lower Your Diabetes Risk Stop Prediabetes? What You Need to Know 3 Foods That Fend Off Diabetes Shop for Anti-Diabetes Foods Learn More: See All Type 2 Diabetes Articles
Type 2 Diabetes VideosSee more videos
The Anti-Diabetes Diet
Follow this winning formula to replace foods that spike your blood sugar with high-fiber foods that fight diabetes.
Diabetes-Friendly Comfort Foods
Try these lighter versions of "comfort" favorites from the American Diabetes Association.
Get the recipes