Diabetes in America
Every 17 seconds, someone is diagnosed with diabetes; roughly 70,000 Americans die from it every year. Meet the Sharecare Online Influencers in Diabetes and learn their tips for living with this disease.
The Most Common Tests for DiabetesFind out
AskMDGet personalized advice for managing type 2 diabetes
About 25 million
The number of Americans with type 2 diabetes
American Diabetes Association
Type 2 Diabetes Q&As
Jack Merendino, MD
What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
There is a lot of confusion on this simple question, partly because of the other names commonly used for these two conditions. Type 1 diabetes has often been called juvenile diabetes, and type 2 is frequently referred to as adult-onset diabetes . . .
- Q Why does diabetes cause dry skin?
- Q Can a good diet help control type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are some myths about type 2 diabetes?
- Q Can I reverse the effects of type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are the symptoms of type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are the treatment options for type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are the risk factors for type 2 diabetes?
- Q Can how much I sleep affect my risk for type 2 diabetes?
- Q How is diabetes diagnosed?
- Q Can type 2 diabetes be prevented?
Type 2 Diabetes Action Plans
Whether you're worried about your prediabetes risk or already have diabetes, here's how to take control of your health.
Lower Your Diabetes Risk Stop Prediabetes? What You Need to Know 3 Foods That Fend Off Diabetes Shop for Anti-Diabetes Foods Learn More: See All Type 2 Diabetes Articles
The Anti-Diabetes Diet
Follow this winning formula to replace foods that spike your blood sugar with high-fiber foods that fight diabetes.
Meet Diabetes Advocates
Check out people like you who are making a difference in the world of diabetes.
Find out how