Question

Traumatic Brain Injuries Complications

What happens if traumatic brain injury affects the right side of the brain?

• AChallenge America answered
    If TBI damages the right side of the brain, you will have right hemisphere brain damage. The brain  has two hemispheres, the left and right hemispheres. Each hemisphere controls specific bodily functions. The left hemisphere of the brain controls your language and speech centers. The right hemisphere controls all thinking skills or cognitive functioning. Damage to the right side of the brain may present problems such as impaired memory, attention deficit, altered creativity and music perception, and poor reasoning. Someone with right hemisphere damage will have difficulty with organization and problems understanding abstract concepts. In addition, an injury to the right side of the brain will result in decreased control over left-sided body movements and "left neglect," which means inattention to the left side of the body.
Why do I feel as if my personality changed with the TBI?