A Answers (2)
National Academy of Sports Medicine answeredLay on your side, keeping your core engaged legs straight out in front of the body. Bend your top leg and place it in front of your bottom leg with your heel on the floor. Raise your lower leg off the floor, keeping your core engaged and your shin in line with your second and third toes and contracting your inner leg muscles as you lift the leg off the ground. Repeat the leg lift ten times, then switch to the other side.
Vonda Wright, MD, Orthopedic Surgery, answeredHere's how to do an adduction exercise:
1. While lying on your side, brace your abdomen.
2. Bend your top knee and place your top foot in front of your bottom knee.
3. Raise your lower leg off the floor. Do not let your trunk bend backward.
4. Concentrate on keeping your core engaged, and feel this on the inside of your lower leg.
5. Repeat the leg lift ten times, then switch to the other side.