Question

Sports & Athletic Performance

The inside of my knees are killing me, any suggestions?

• The first step would be is to perform an assessment of yourself to determine your muscular imbalance. Have someone take a picture of yourself next to a wall. Perform a squat with your hands held over your head. Look to see if when you squat if your knees turn inward. If they do this could be the cause of your knee pain, an imbalance in the strength and length of the muscles of your outer leg, inner leg and hips. The 1st step is to lengthen and relax the tight muscle of the legs. You will want to foam roll your inner thighs, outer thighs and hips, and the front of your thighs. Hold tender areas for 30 seconds. Then stretch your inner thighs and the front of your hip. Hold each stretch for 30-60 seconds. Next move on to movements to strengthen the weakened areas. Key muscles to strengthen are your gluteals. To help strengthen them you can perform floor bridges. Lie on your back with your knees and hips bent and your feet straight. Pull in your navel and tighten your gluteals. Lift your hips off the floor until your hips are in line with your knees and shoulders. Hold for 2 seconds and lower your hips back to the floor. Perform 1-3 sets of 12-15 repetitions. After performing the bridges, you can perform lateral tube walking to help  strengthen your hips in a more dynamic fashion.  Place a resistance band around your knees or ankles. Bend slightly at the knee and hip. Keep your feet straight and pull your navel in. Step sideways. Perform 10 repetitions to the right, then to the left. You can do 1-3 sets of this exercise.
Is there a way to gauge my 1-rep max without actually testing it?