An anti-inflammatory diet should consist primarily of whole foods with an emphasis on plant-based foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. Healthy fats from olive oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, as well as omega-3 from fatty fish, walnuts and flax seed are also important. Getting enough dietary fiber is also important and should be gotten from many of the whole foods already mentioned, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds.
A Answers (3)
An anti-inflammatory diet should include the following guidelines:
Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish or fish oil supplements and walnuts
- Eat plenty of whole grains such as brown rice and bulgur wheat
- Eat lean protein sources such as beans, lentils, legumes, soy products, chicken; cut back on red meat and full-fat dairy foods
- Minimize saturated and trans fats
- Avoid refined foods and processed foods
- Alcohol in moderation
- Add a variety of spices, especially ginger and curry
Doreen Rodo, Nutrition & Dietetics, answeredAn anti-inflammatory diet should include, but is not limited to the following: Fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, quinoa, spices, fish, nuts, smaller portions of poultry or lean meat, red wine, dark chocolate(70% cocoa), teas, whole grains, wheat pasta, olive, canola, or sunflower oil, omega three eggs and soy foods.Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.