One of my favorite low calorie snacks is 100 calorie microwave popcorn. Believe it or not, popcorn is a whole grain and healthy snack! Because of the fiber and volume (amount) of popped popcorn in 100 calories, it is satisfying yet low in calories. It is a wonderful snack to take to the office and enjoy in the afternoon when hunger sometimes sets in.
A Answers (4)
The following are some quick and easy recipes for snack under 60 calories:
Baked Apple 55 calories per small apple
Core a small apple and place in a microwave safe bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar substitute; cook in microwave for approximately 2 minutes.
Pizza Popcorn 48 calories per 2 cups popped popcorn
Use microwave popcorn that contains 15 calories per 1 cup serving popped. Prepare microwave popcorn according to the package directions. Sprinkle 2 cups of popped popcorn with1 Tablespoon of fresh Parmesan cheese and Italian Seasoning spice to taste.
Broiled Tomato 40 calories per medium tomato
Core center of tomato and remove. Fill center of tomato with 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and sprinkle Italian Seasoning spice. Cook in microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Sugar free Gelatin with whipped topping 18 calories per ½ cup
Prepare any flavor sugar free gelatin dessert. Once gelatin is firm, divide gelatin into 4 - ½ cup servings. Top with 2 ½ teaspoons of whipped topping.
Cinnamon Tea 0 calories per cup
Boil 3 cups of water with 4-5 cinnamon sticks in a pot until boiling. Pour cinnamon tea into cups and serve. You can also pour the hot tea over iced cubes to make an iced cinnamon tea.Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
Doreen Rodo, Nutrition & Dietetics, answered
If you are craving something sweet, here is some 100 calorie options:
- 1 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
- 1 Nature Valley Granola bar
- Orville Redenbacher's Smart "Kettle" Pop
- Other 100 calorie snack packs
- 2/3 c Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1/2 c Fiber One Frosted Shredded Wheat
- 1/2 c Frozen Yogurt
- 5 Hershey's Special Dark chocolate kisses
- 1 cup skim milk with 1 tbsp lite Hershey's syrup
- Approximately 1/2 c of Fresh Fruit is generally less than 100 calories and would be a healthier snack option
- 1/2 of a jelly donut also equals about 100 calories, but of course it is not the healthiest option.
Always watch your portion sizes of the snacks listed above because it is easy to grab another 100 calorie pack.Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics answeredHere are colorful and tasty snacks with 200 calories or less:
- One 6-inch flour tortilla with 1/4 cup black beans and 2 tablespoons fresh salsa
- Three cups air-popped popcorn sprinkled with three tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- One tablespoon of peanut butter spread on slices of a medium apple
- A colorful veggie snack with 6 baby carrots, 10 sugar snap peas or green pepper strips, 6 cherry tomatoes and 2 tablespoons reduced-fat ranch dressing for dipping
- One cup of tomato soup with five whole-grain crackers
Helpful? 5 people found this helpful.
- A toaster waffle topped with 1/2 cup blueberries and 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt