Question

Sex Drive (Libido)

What foods can boost my sex drive?

• AMehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
    1 153 04 ultimate countdown 4 libido boosters
    Ginger, asparagus, and halibut are among the foods that can boost your sex drive. Find out more as Dr. Oz shows what dishes can help you feel sexier in this video.

Helpful? 6 people found this helpful.
  • AAlexandra Jamieson, Nutrition & Dietetics, answered

There are many natural, plant-based foods that are used in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda to boost libido. Try including more of these foods throughout your day and enjoy the benefits of a healthy sex life!

Folic Acid: Microalgae, sprouts, leafy greens, whole grains, nutritional yeast flakes, dates, beans and legumes, mushrooms, oranges, beets, fenugreek and root vegetables.

Zinc: Sea vegetables, whole grains, legumes and beans, nuts, seeds, mushrooms, soybeans, and unrefined sea salt.

Magnesium: Kelp and other sea vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds, beans and legumes, nuts and seeds, and leafy greens.

Improved Blood Circulation: bay leaf, beets, buckwheat, cabbage, caraway, cherry, chili pepper, chives, cinnamon, eggplant, essential fatty acids (try hemp seeds, walnuts, and ground flax seeds), fava beans, ginger, horseradish, kelp, lavender, lentils, mint, green leafy vegetables, onion, papaya, peaches, pepper, pine nuts, rosemary, scallion, winter squash, and turmeric.

There are also foods that can dampen your sex drive. It’s interesting to note that the popular erectile dysfunction prescription Viagra, (also known as Sildenafil) is a vasodilator. This drug dilates blood vessel, which allows more blood to flow to the penis, allowing for better erections. The foods listed above as improving blood circulation are also vasodilators.

A diet that is too high sugar and fat can lead to blocked artery walls, and that can keep blood from flowing to your genitals. Many holistic healthcare providers believe that the Standard American Diet is contributing to the higher numbers of men who need vasodilators to achieve erection. 

Helpful? 6 people found this helpful.
How can I initiate sex even if I do not have a desire for it?