Question

Rhinoplasty Or Nose Job

Will a nose job make me look younger?

• ARobin Miller, MD, Internal Medicine, answered
    Dr. Robin Miller - nose surgery and looking younger

A nose job may well make you look younger -- if you're having one to correct a specific problem. Find out what it is and how fixing it can shave off a few years by watching this video featuring Dr. Robin Miller.

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
  • AStuart Linder, MD, Plastic Surgery, answered

The main 2 goals of a nose job or rhinoplasty are to allow for functional improvement with breathing and facial proportion. Rhinoplasty surgery may make the patient feel younger with enhanced proportionality of the nasal area with the facial distribution. 

Often, the tip is slightly elevated, the dorsum of the nose is narrowed by in fracturing the bones, and the nasal lobules are reduced. Patients are often happy with a rhinoplasty, especially when combined with functional surgery (septoplasty and turbinectomy). 

How can I prevent bruising after nose surgery (Rhinoplasty)?