Question

Plantar Fasciitis

What exercises can help treat plantar fasciitis?

• Exercises to help treat plantar fasciitis stretch the arch of your foot. You can accomplish this in a number of ways. For example, you can manually massage the bottom of your foot with your hands or you can massage the bottom of your foot with a frozen food can. The frozen food can acts to loosen the tissue, fascia and muscles of the foot and has a cooling effect.

You can also stretch the fascia, muscles, tendons and ligaments by utilizing a belt or towel. Sit on the ground with both of your legs in front of you. Wrap either a belt or towel around the ball of your foot and pull your toes toward your shin. If this does not accomplish a good stretch, stand on the edge of a staircase or platform while holding onto a railing and hang your heels off the stair. Do these stretches and massages on the bottom of your feet on a daily basis.
  • AMehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
    Tai_Chi_Plantar_Fasciitis

Plantar fasciitis can cause intense pain in the foot and heal, but you can get relief by practicing an ancient Chinese martial art. Watch the video as a Tai Chi expert shares with Dr. Oz how a few slow, gentle exercises can help treat plantar fasciitis.

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
What exercises should I do if I have plantar fasciitis?