- Wear a supportive bra without underwires or padding during the day and a soft cotton athletic bra at night.
- Reduce or eliminate caffeine in your diet, as it can irritate the breast.
- Limit salt (especially before your menstrual period) to reduce swelling.
- Eat a low-fat diet.
- Take Vitamin E supplements daily.
- Try evening primrose oil. Note: Evening primrose oil may cause miscarriage. Do not take if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant.
- Try over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS such as ibuprofen) or pain relievers (Tylenol).
- If you are taking hormone therapy, you may need a change in your medication. Always check with your doctor before changing your prescribed therapy.
- You may want to try alternative or holistic health techniques (herbs, acupuncture, meditation) to reduce pain.
A Answers (1)
Aurora Health Care answeredThe following are suggestions for reducing breast pain if you have a normal mammogram: